Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting...Part I (Gabe's account)

Its one of those things in life that will make you go WHHOOAAA! And its probably the first interaction that parents will have with their baby, while still in the womb. Its as though the baby is playing with you, trying to grab your attention. I must say, it definitely got my attention! As if its not enough that there is an actual living being growing in Eunice's womb, it then seems like its actually trying to bond with you using the only way it can. Haha..ya, I know I'm exaggerating here, but I'm just an excited father-to-be :)

When Eunice told me that the baby was kicking, moving, wiggling, moving..etc, in the womb, I thought, "Nah, cannot be lah, so fast?". So she took my hand (while I was driving), and placed it on the womb. I waited for a while and told her, "nothing lah", so she asked me to wait a while more. Then low and behold, I felt it! It was a soft and gentle flutter, similar to a rumbling tummy. So subtle, you sometimes have to even stop breathing just to make sure it wasn't you moving. Hahahaa..it was magical! Imagine, me and him, just a few centimeters apart, trying to touch each other. What a great moment it was.

Since that day, he has been kicking, moving, wiggling and moving more and more, and each time he does it, it brings gladness to my heart.

4.5 months to go baby, till I get to hold you in my arms! :)

4 comments:

Destri Andorf said...

hey! congrats!!!! ooooo so much fun feeling the baby move & kick! congrats again. half way to go!

p_ewe said...

congrats u guys! this is soooooo exciting! =)

Autumn said...

Do you guys have names for him yet?? =)

Argentinadog said...

check and see if he kicks during footie matches...hee!