Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

To my child...

Each day I pray to God that you will grow strong in your mother’s womb

Never have there been a day that I put you aside

You are a gift from God

A gift that surpasses all earthly treasures

Sometimes I smile to myself just thinking of you

The thought of you brings joy to my heart

I’m counting the days till I see you face to face

The sooner the better, that’s for sure

I may not carry you well the first few days or weeks

But I will from day to day

I’ll hold you firm and never let you go

I’ll shield you from harm both physical & spiritual

You don’t have to shout and cry to get my fullest attention

I will do it out of my love for you

I will give you the best of what you need

Even if it means not getting what I want

Until the day comes

Lord I commit both mother and child into Your hands


- Your earthly father :) -

1 comment:

Autumn said...

so toucheddd~~~
i guess i finally understand what my parents have been drilling into my head all these while. They always tell me that they just want the best for me but i could never understand.... i thought they were just saying it to make me follow their way...:)